Typically, students are placed at Safe Haven School by their school districts, and we encourage parents to work with their district by informing them when exploring out-of-district placement options.
However, we do accept students whose parents or guardians will pay privately for the following reasons:
- Their child has not previously been enrolled in the public school system
- The family is new to Illinois
Please use the form below to request a tour by indicating which campus you want to see, best days and times for the visit, and providing your contact information. Having a tour of our facility does not mean your child is accepted into our program. We have a very specific admission process which is outlined below.
The following procedure should be followed when inquiring about enrollment at Safe Haven School:
- An initial inquiry is submitted via this website or by phone.
- A phone interview is conducted by Safe Haven School staff.
- Student’s most recent IEP and neuropsychological evaluation are provided to Safe Haven School.
- An intake interview with parents or guardian is scheduled. In this meeting, releases are signed allowing Safe Haven School to communicate with outside providers.
- Outside providers are contacted to determine the appropriateness of the student for our program.
- Student visits Safe Haven School to meet teacher(s), classmates, and therapist.
- A starting date is agreed upon between Safe Haven School, family, and district.
- Student’s transportation is arranged by district or parent/guardian.
- Student attends the first day of enrollment.
Request a Tour
Please note that this is a request to schedule a tour. Your tour time will not be finalized until we have contact you to confirm the date and time of the tour. Every effort will be made to accommodate your request.